Our talented chef’s create mouth watering daily special starter and main course dishes from fresh fish to duck breast as well as a range of vegetarian dishes.
Saturday & Sunday mornings from 10:30am-12:30 we serve a range of breakfast dishes from full english to freshly made porridge
- Homemade Soup of the Day served with bread & butter.
- Garlic Bread topped with Mozzarella Cheese.
- Piri Piri spiced chicken wings & salad
- Homemade chicken liver pate.
- Fresh Cumberland Sausages served with Potato Mash, finished with homemade gravy & caramelised onions (vegetarian option available).
- Homemade Beer Battered Haddock & Chips served with mushy peas and tartar sauce.
- Freshly cooked Ribs – all ribs are served with homemade BBQ sauce and traditional hand cut chips.
- Char grilled Rib Eye or Sirloin steak (8oz) served with all trimmings, hand cut chips and a choice of peppercorn, blue chess or Harissa sauce.
- Homemade Ship & Whale Char Grilled Gourmet Burger: choice of 100% beef burger, chicken breast or grilled vegetable burger served with chips.
- Choice of toppings @£1 per topping: goats cheese, chorizo, brie, bacon, cheddar, tomato, mozzarella, onion, garlic mushroom, red onion jam, egg or bacon .
- Salads - range of seasonally available salads
- Green salad; Mixed Vegetables; Chips; French Beans; New Potatoes; Garlic Bread; Garden Peas; or Creamy Mash Potatoes.
Children's menu - Great tasty food in smaller portions
- Homemade soup of the day served with bread & butter.
- Battered Haddock & Chips served with mushy peas and tartar sauce.
- A Fresh Cumberland Sausage served with the Ship & Whale Mash, finished with onions and gravy (vegetarian option available).
- Children’s side dishes: Baby Carrots; Chips; New Potatoes; Green salad; Garden Peas; or French Beans.
- New York Style Baked Vanilla Cheesecake served with vanilla ice cream.
- Chocolate pudding with rich chocolate sauce served with vanilla ice cream
- Traditional Spotted Dick served with custard or ice cream
- Selection of traditional cheeses, served with grapes, celery and water biscuits.
Please note that our dishes may contain traces of nuts.
Menu changes according to ingredients availabilty
Christmas Day Menu
Beginning with a chilled glass of Champagne
Duck & pork terrine with cranberries & pistachios
Hot Bloody Mary soup with fresh horseradish
Prawn cocktail with marie rose sauce
Roast Norfolk turkey, chestnut & cranberry stuffing, pigs in blankets selection of
traditional roasted vegetables
Homemade salmon & smoked haddock fishcakes
Wild mushroom risotto
Traditional Christmas Pudding
Homemade warm apple pie
Homemade sticky toffee pudding
All served with choice of brandy butter, crème anglaise, fresh cream or vanilla ice cream
Freshly ground coffee or English tea with homemade biscuits & mince pies
All bookings are subject to a 20% deposit