Our talented chef’s create mouth watering daily special dishes from fresh fish to spicy Peri Peri chicken as well as a range of vegetarian dishes. Ship and Whale Menu
- Homemade Soup of the Day served with bread & butter.
- Pan Fried King Prawns with garlic butter, red chilly & parsley served with white wine butter sauce and grilled lemon.
- Garlic Bread topped with Mozzarella Cheese.
- Homemade chicken liver pate.
- Fresh Cumberland Sausages served with Potato Mash, finished with homemade gravy & caramelised onions (vegetarian option available).
- Beer Battered Haddock & Chips served with mushy peas and tartar sauce.
- Freshly cooked Ribs – all ribs are served with homemade BBQ sauce and traditional hand cut chips.
- Pan Fried Duck Breast served with french beans & mash potato
- Char grilled Rib Eye or Sirloin steak (8oz) served with all trimmings, hand cut chips and a choice of peppercorn, blue chess or Harissa sauce.
- Homemade Ship & Whale Char Grilled Gourmet Burger: choice of 100% beef burger, chicken breast or grilled vegetable burger served with chips.
- Choice of toppings @£1 per topping: goats cheese, chorizo, brie, bacon, cheddar, tomato, mozzarella, onion, garlic mushroom, red onion jam, egg or bacon .
- Green salad; Baby Carrots; Chips; French Beans; New Potatoes; Garlic Bread; Garden Peas; or Creamy Mash Potatoes.
Children's menu - Great tasty food in smaller portions
- Homemade soup of the day served with bread & butter.
- Battered Haddock & Chips served with mushy peas and tartar sauce.
- A Fresh Cumberland Sausage served with the Ship & Whale Mash, finished with onions and gravy (vegetarian option available).
- Children’s side dishes: Baby Carrots; Chips; New Potatoes; Green salad; Garden Peas; or French Beans.
- Vanilla or Lemon Cheesecake served with fresh fruit and vanilla ice cream.
- Chocolate pudding with rich chocolate sauce served with vanilla ice cream
- Selection of traditional cheeses, served with grapes, celery and water biscuits.
Please note that our dishes may contain traces of nuts.